webuser_612529859

Triple switch only turning on one light

HU-612529859
3 years ago

I have a triple switch in the kitchen, it controls the ceiling light, under the counter lights, and an outdoor security light. All three worked until recently. Now, only the ceiling light switch works. I have replaced the switch, checked all the wiring, ensured all the wires connected to the switch are live (which they are). At the top of my kitchen cupboards a wire (pictured) comes out above the extractor and feeds into 4 transformers that power the under the counter lights. I assume this wire is connected to the main wall switch that is definitely live, however I’ve tested it and it is not live, so that explains why the under counter lights are not working. I cannot get any further with this wire as my kitchen cabinets are built around it so it would mean removing them to access it. Does anyone have any ideas as to Why this wire wouldn’t have power, when, as I mentioned, they were working up until a while ago?

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.