jminspires

Help w/ paint colour for hallway, downstairs incl kitchen cupboards

jminspires
3 years ago

Hello, wondered if anyone could help please? We have a 1930s end of terrace house, we get the sun at the front of the house in the morning and it's at the back after 12ish.

We're planning on painting the hallway top to bottom, also the front lounge which has 4 wooden doors that opens throug to the dinning room, which opens on to a L shaped 3 metre extension /kitcen. The house was extended before we bought it,

Thinking about paint colours has fried my brain a bit, however, it has helped me to get a bit clearer on what I like. I love grey neutral tones, black, white, warm greys, would experiment with a darker accent wall. We have a dark brown leather sofa which I plan to keep for now and a lovely parquet table.

Paint I have and like:

We have F&B Ammonite in my bedroom and love it. If it was left to me I would do the whole house in Ammonite apart from the kitchen, thought about white on off white for kitchen.

Thinking of a monochrome look in hallway, but still want it to feel warm, hence why I thought about using ammonite. Thought about doing railings in F&B railings or off black.

Kitchen cupboards doors

We have oak shaker cupboards doors which I plan to also paint. I'm loving the darker grey kitchen but I'm worried it could being to dark. I don't have island no room.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.