lorraine_knight61

Improve kerb appeal of my house plans

Lorraine Knight
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am converting my bungalow to a house. The plans have been approved and I'm wondering how I can maximise the kerb appeal. I'm planning for; Red roof tiles, k render top half of the house in polar white and red brick for the lower half. I then want windows that are Painswick / Agate grey (similar RAL colours are RAL7038 OR RAL7035).

The windows are all set at ceiling height so I can't raise them but I'd love to have one of these longer windows that you see on houses nowadays, (say about 40% longer than it is currently). I don't particularly need this but from the outside do you think this would improve the look of the house? If so which window should I make the longer one?

Any other ideas on how to improve the kerb appeal?

The colours that I am thinking of putting together will they work? Any suggestions are welcomed.

In terms of windows; I am thinking plain glass only, or a cross through each pane or 1 horizontal bar in the middle of each pane. What do you think?

What colour front door?

This is the front elevation

Below is a picture of a house that I like and could model ours on this basis, the only difference is I will have red bricks on the lower half of the house.

I would like something that is not ultra modern as I do not want to end up with a house that looks dated, but I do like the modern exteriors too!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.