isabel_walter51

What colour to paint shelves/trim against wallpaper

Isabel Walter

Hi, We’re currently revamping our living room a little - keeping the fabulous wallpaper from Timorous Beasties but losing the dark red trim as it looks and feels too formal and replacing the blinds with something brighter and patterned (likely a pattern picking out the strong colours in the wallpaper (pinks, oranges, blues), on white. But I have no idea what colour to paint the shelves and trim now! It began white, but this was too high a contrast with the wallpaper. I was thinking a deep hot pink, or else a pale, dusky pink? Does anyone have any Ideas or

advice? Thank you!! PS Sorry for the scruffy room - in the process of moving everything around...