Where to put additional bathroom(s)

J B
last year

Evening all - my first post now we are in position to fund the project!

We want to add an en-suite and wonder whether it is worth also installing a bathroom on the top floor. My thinking is that after the initial cost of installing drainage and extending the water supplies to the en-suite, it would not be a huge amount more to extend that up a floor. I'm not sure if this is wishful thinking, or even if it's practical.

Any thoughts on my rough plans? A lot depends on whether we can connect to an existing but unused cast iron soil stack (marked red). Its on the cusp of building regulations acceptability so it may be better to see if we can connect via new drainage under ground (which will be much more costly as the whole area is concreted).

The top floor bedrooms are large enough to have some space pinched, but to install directly above the en-suite would make the smaller room into a large single/small double, plus it would impact the existing window. So I thought taking some space from the larger room, but this would not be directly above the en-suite.

I've been going around in circles and just can't see how to arrange things. All thoughts are welcome!

Also, on the ground floor I want to knock an opening from the kitchen to the back room and install French doors to the garden. I'm undecided whether to block up the existing door at the end of the hallway to create a new useable corner in the back room, or to leave it so hallway doesn't get too dark. Again, any opinions?