webuser_406402515

We have 2 small en-suites next to each other and want to merge to 1?!

Harry Crombie
3 years ago

We have 2 small en-suites in a new build, 4 bedroom home. Also a large main bathroom with separate shower and bath. We rarely have guests staying (that can't use main bathroom), and there is a spare guest room for them anyway.

One en-suite is ours and the other is in the 4 year old's room and never used! We planned to knock through to create one luxury, larger en-suite for us.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Are we losing value as we're losing a toilet/shower or gaining value as its one less room (toilet/shower) to clean and gives the Master room more appeal.

There are many houses that have 4 beds but only one en-suite (though smaller sq ftage.) And the families that do have 2 en-suites, don't have their kids in the en-suite bedrooms.

Are 2 en-suites an unnecessary luxury!?

Would you buy a house with one larger luxury en-suite or one with 2 small ones?

Thank you for any comments!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.