karty11

Design ideas - open plan lounge and dining room

karty11
14 days ago

I’m renovating a terraced house and looking for help designing the open plan lounge and dining room. It’s currently two separate rooms which I am having knocked through (potentially with pocket doors). I want to keep a traditional feel but not too stuffy and I have some existing furniture and a tiled fireplace(!) that I need to make work. Attached are the plan and pictures of the existing room. The lounge has a lovely bay window and the original fireplace that I really want to keep (if I can make it work). I have a similar grey sofa to the one pictured below. I was thinking white walls, I will put shelving in the alcoves then a couple of big prints on the wall. Maybe pull it together with a bright armchair too? Then for the dining room I already have the pictured dining set and unit and have just bought the chandelier that I fell in love with. The floor in the dining room will be a reclaimed managing parquet. Carpet in the lounge. Not sure if that will look odd? Lots going on and not sure how I can pull it together. I don’t want the design in both rooms to look the same and have their dining an character but will it look weird? I need help!!! Thanks.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.