bogdan_baciu10

Ideas for shaping unusually shaped room.

Bogdan Baciu
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Greetings fellow Houzzers. We are renovating and need your advices/suggestions on how to shape/divide/organize this unusually shaped room. I have attached the pictures from before we started the renovations. There will be a soffa where the large windows are, and a TV bench on the opposite wall. The situation however gets a bit more complicated beyond the fireplace where there is a small window placed just below the ceiling (as that part of the house is underground). The former owner had a bed there (seen in picture) behind a wall he raised as a room divider. We now took down that wall and restored the room to the original plan which I also attach. I attach a picture of the soffa which is already bought and as mentioned earlier, we intend to place where the round corner of the room is. The room is not ideal at all, there are structural elements we can't do anything about (i.e. the verticall colum obstructing the view towards the fireplace from the TV corner; there is also a beam which can be seen in the pictures). I would absolutely love to hear any opinions on what we could do better with this room (living room, family room). Approx. surface area: 28 sqm. I have included my two ideas of the layout, for the blue version three black chairs exist and they just need cushions.

Thank you so much.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.