carl_halpin

Strange shape bungalow -help maximise space plz

Carl Halpin
last modified: 10 days ago

Hi guys,

if possible I would like some advice on the layout and how to maximise it

My idea is to make the kitchen a bedroom with the smaller rooms (currently the utility room and small shower room) a good sized ensuite and walk in wardrobe/room

Then, change living room 2 to a kitchen,

and the bathroom to a utility room,

and change bedroom 1 to a good sized bathroom

the reason being that at the moment, the current kitchen is pretty big, with 4 small double bedrooms and a tiny weeny bathroom and we would like a bigger master bedroom and bigger bathroom

I would rather work with the shell of th house as is, because of drainage and plumbing, rather than adding an extension

but is it weird to have a bedrrom right next to the kitchen

any help would be greatly appreciated

and if anyone has a suggestion about rearranging the layout, then it might settle an argument between me and the wife

many thanks

Carl