hannah_rose10

River at the back of garden?

Hannah Rose

I have found a beautiful country cottage in one of the most sought after villages in Cambridgeshire at a price I can comfortably afford. However, the village as a whole is a flood risk and the house backs onto the river at the far end of the garden. Whilst the property hasn’t flooded in over 110 years, the river has overflowed Onto the gravel in The garden (I’m guessing too much grass could get waterlogged in extreme cases).

the property has been really nicely renovated with a lot of interest. Whilst I know many would like a river near their home I’m wondering if this will ruin my chance at a resell in the future?