clare7850

Advice re kitchen diner extension plans

clare7850
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi,

First time posting - would really appreciate some advice regarding an extension.

We are looking to add a kitchen extension to the rear of our semi-detached property. The plan is to use the old kitchen as a WC and utility, although narrowing the space by moving the current kitchen/dining wall over (will require a steel). The new kitchen would be in the current utility area and extension. The external width of the extension will be 615 x 400cm so internal about 585 x 370cm.

I'm not certain whether we have the best design. I don't think we can afford to extend any further out. We plan to have two large roof lights to bring in light, as it is north-facing, as well as patio doors.

Should the space next to the kitchen be used as the dining room (as on the proposed plan, with the current dining room as a hang-out space for the kids) or better for just a sofa and keep the dining table where it is currently? The dining room would be wider from moving the wall - it is too narrow currently and especially if it becomes the main route to the new kitchen. I'm not sure if there is room for our 6 seater dining table next to the new kitchen. I'd like a breakfast bar but that may not fit.

I like the idea of a peninsula or island but I'm not sure there is enough space so would appreciate ideas on kitchen layout. I'd like to access the utility from the kitchen. However, I've consider all sorts of layouts but can't decide what is best.

Would appreciate any help! Thanks

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.