melkev2020

Apex window/ sliding door nightmare

melkev2020
3 years ago

We have bought a new house with a lovely looking front with great views. The upstairs front bedroom has a full glass front consisting of an apex window on top of sliding doors with a glass panel to each side. We don't want to lose the view but at the same time need to be able to shut out the light & heat in summer & have privacy when needed as it's on a road.

Many blind/shutter companies have just said no to the job. 5 companies have quoted us for shutters - all of them have said vertical blinds won't work.

The prices ranges from £4500 to £8000!!!!!!!

The other issue is that there is a glass panel across the sliding doors on the outside (for safety) but we can't clean the doors because of it!!

Has anyone had this problem & found a solution?

Can anyone give some ideas?

Is it even worth getting builder in to take out the whole thing & re-design it more practically?

How can architects get away with putting this kind of window in a residential bedroom?!

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.