angela_robinson99

Garden design ideas please

Poppy Wild
3 years ago

Hello

We have a mostly walled garden (front curved wall, house, ours and next doors garage) with a bit of fence and 2m gates.

There is a shed in top right corner that was made to fit in a 1m deep gap next to the oil tank behind the end of the garage. The bins normally live there too.

What grass we have is mostly moss and we want rid. We want to make the patio bigger.

We would prefer to keep the decking (it is large, we call it the Stage) in the far corner, it gets the last sun of the day. What borders we have are quite narrow.

We want easy maintenance, some raised beds would be better. The garden slight slopes up to the curved wall where the overgrown Wysteria is. we are happy to lose most of the plants, but keep the trees.

We also want to put the sofa, 2 chairs and table, which are currently sitting under covers on the stage, on the new patio.

I would like to hide the bins, shed and oil tank. We had thought of a metal screen or that new slatted fencing with a gate. Where there is a rusty fire pit, there used to be an above ground pond.

We think we have decided on porcelain tiles, either dark grey slate or wood effect.

I have attached some rough plans, excuse them, along with some photos, one of which I tried to collage. we have a landscaper booked for January.

My dilemma once we have a much large patio is:

What do we do with the slight slope (about 1ft higher), sleepers?

What do we do with the bits that are no longer grass? I worry we will be left with odd bits

Do we put in gravel beds? Large pebbles? A slate water feature?

Do we put stepping stones to get to the deck?

Sorry it has gone on a bit. I hope someone can guide me.

thank you

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.