kwame_oseibonsu

Ground floor plan dilemma

Hello, we are in the middle of a renovation project and looking for some help to redesign this ground floor. We have already taken down timber non load bearing partitions and which enclosed the kitchen off the dining room etc. This is the current floor-plan and layout. What would you do with this space to achieve an open plan, yet cosy and comfortable living space?

We have thought of a couple of ideas

1. Leave the living, dining room and kitchen open and close off the hallway door into the kitchen to allow a wall for hanging kitchen units/hob/oven etc.

2. Partition sitting room and dining room, leaving hallway door and an open plan kitchen diner.

Any suggestions will be immensely appreciated