Open plan kitchens & extractor fans

Mauro
last modified: last month

HI, we're refurbishing a house and we've decided to go for an open plan set up which will combine a sitting room, dining room and kitchen.

The room is 6x8m, and it will be roughly divided in half; the induction hub in the design is 2m away from windows and positioned onto an island. We'd like to install a state of the art extraction unit to minimize/remove cooking smells. We don't really fry, but hey. Also, we'd like something as silent as humanly possible, to minimise noise when in operation and for the purpose of saving space under the hob we'd like to avoid extractors where the bulk of the equipment is under the hob.

A lot, I know, but if you have an experience or an idea to share we'd be grateful. :)