amy_m56

Advice on colour highlights for white bathroom

Amy M
last modified: 23 days ago

So, we're a few weeks away from getting our bathroom done and I've got most of what I need but am still to finalise taps etc and grout and wall paint colour. Our bathroom is fairly small and narrow - about 2.8 x 1.8m, but is very bright and we plan to 'reclaim' some floor space in the eaves under the window (not full width of the room as that would require expensive structural work) as well as inset some cupboards there for extra storage.
We're also hoping to reclaim a couple of inches in width as the wall behind the toilet is super deep to allow for the toilet stack which we are hoping we can reroute through the eaves. The whole thing is currently floor to ceiling tiles so won't be much extra work stripping off the plasterboard and re boarding that side...
We're having a shower over bath so moving the bath up into the corner where the shower cubicle is and we're getting a j shaped bath to soften the corner and give more space round the WC. I bought tiles ages ago and they large rectangular matt white ones. I looked at navy cupboards with gold handles which I loved, but gold hardware is so hard to find at a decent price, so I went for white cupboards and I'm thinking just nice chrome taps etc after all. I just felt the navy lost it's wow factor with just chrome, and I can jazz up the walls with a white canvass!
So far everything I've got matt white tiles, matt white built in furniture (no handles) and white quartz 12mm countertop which will hopefully look fresh and elegant. Also thinking of a white (any other options? I don't love them in chrome..) towel radiator where the current one is. I don't want it to look clinical though, and I'm looking at ways to soften the stark white. I like the combination of white, teal and wood...
although maybe not quite as dark as these. I thought about getting wood effect flooring - maybe vinyl (?) and with the book stand shown on our bath that should warm up the room?
I guess I'm looking for any input/tips, particularly on the colour scheme. Also specifically on grout colour, I'm worried white will be boring and too much. The tiles would look great with a bold grey I think but I doubt that would go with the teal...
Tiles full height round the bath and the rest of that long wall and probably half height everywhere else. (not sure about behind the radiator)
Any help appreciated! :)