fatema_kk

Wood flooring and doors help!

Fafa K
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We’re at the crux of decision points for our 1930s semi extension and renovation project and need some help from this lovely community please regarding the flooring and door selection.

we‘ve picked out a floor which we really like which we think works well with our kitchen design. Its a golden smoked oak engineered LVT (a new type of flooring.) looks like this:

We‘d also picked out some of wooden doors (solid wood face, so engineered wooden doors? the sample is super heavy!). They are oak ones with groves and glazing for some of the doors. Unfortunately when the sample of the door came it was much lighter than the brochure. it’s a natural oak colour. When we put this against the floor it seems like possibly there is too much going on, baring in mind we were planning on going for white skirting and architrave...

what do you all think?

- could natural oak doors work with a darker smoked floor and white skirting

- or should skirting be natural oak too?

- or should we consider white doors? My hubby really Doesn’t like the idea of white doors... me neither if we’re talking about thin plywood ones... but I can see now white and the dark floor working well together.. any way of getting solid looking white doors?

or do we look at staining the oak doors? They’ll come prefinished... i dont know much (anything) about staining tbh!

the wood flooring would be in the hallway, WC, and back room (open kitchen dinner) with carpet in the front rooms.

any thoughts please?

Photos of the kitchen samples on the golden smoked oak floor just in case you’re interested are here (wood bit is the island, metal is a copper profile which doesn’t look very copper in the photos! And the units door is the light mink/camel colour).

ill post a picture of the oak door here when I get the sample back.

thanks!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.