csmrunning

VERY Narrow Bathroom Advice

Caroline Murphy
last modified: 8 months ago

I’m going round in circles with this bathroom. my Terrace cottage, built 1858, has a very narrow bathroom. id planned to change the bath to a roll top bath to give An illusion of more floor space.. however, I’ve realised the toilet pipe needs to run the length of the room behind the bath.

my plumber suggested moving the toilet to the end wall and bringing the bath up..

my mind is telling me

a. the sink needs to be near the toilet.

b. If I move them both, The bathroom door may open on to bath?

c. I rarely use the bath!

there is a separate walk in shower accessible in bathroom.. it’s built over the stairs. I’ve considered changing it to a space for toilet and sink (I could have a door installed in my bedroom which would lead directly to this?

But then the bath would be lost in a long bathroom!

any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated more than you can imagine