Loft conversion - what colour exterior

Trina Trina
last modified: 8 months ago

Hello,

We are in a design stage of a loft conversion.

We are in a 1950s bungalow and will be putting in velux in the front and dormer in the back. This will contain two bedrooms and a shower room. The existing doors and windows on the ground floor are all in rosewood and in good condition so we won't be replacing these (white would be so much nicer but never mind!).

The dilemma is what colour/material the dormer and windows should be? I think velux windows only come in grey aluminium so we have no choice here. For the dormer, what colour and material should we use for the cladding and what colour windows should we put in? Not sure what would go with our existing windows, brickwork and roof tiles?

Any advice, recommendations gratefully received!

Thank you