webuser_71660

dado rail in hall to break up wall?

Tani H-S
3 years ago

At the last stages of painting our stairs leading to the master bedroom.
The wall on the left goes up really high but the right side shrinks to a point (triangle shape) where the top rail starts.
We were going to add a hand rail on the left but we have never used one since living here and it's not a wide hall so don't want to shrink it further. Also it's old lath plaster inside and so trying to find the studs to fix it to is going to be a nightmare. So we can live without one for us.
However, I'm wondering if we could put a dado rail up the stairs so I can paint the bottom section darker and it gives you some wood to touch when walking down ie instead of getting dirty finger prints on the white wall! Lol!
Issue is the right side where it goes to a point as not sure how this could work??? Any ideas please?

Comments (33)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.