belfastgerry

Kitchen island, remove?

belfastgerry
last modified: 18 days ago

Hi all,

im in my new house a year or so now and am trying to have the kitchen work better for us. There are 3 things in it at the minute, a table and chairs, an island and a 2 seat settee which I put in a couple of months ago as there was nowhere comfortable to sit. The sette gets lots of use now. The problem there isn’t room for all 3 things. The island doesn’t get any use, the cupboards are empty and the surface is just for putting things on as you can see!

I was thinking of removing the island, moving the table and chairs to where the island was and buying an L shaped sstree down to where the corner where the table is now. I want the kitchen to be somewhere where the family can sit while I cook etc.

Just unsure of removing the island and regretting it done the line?