bristolbased

How to make our ugly 1930s terrace look pretty?

bristolbased
3 years ago

We just bought our first house! It’s a doer upper, which we have no experience in, but in our dream location so we decided it was worth it :-)

It ticked so many of our boxes but unfortunately is seriously lacking in exterior charm/character.

Although it’s not top of the list of things that need doing, we’d like to make the front of the house look a bit more appealing. I am thinking we will need to change the door (perhaps to something stained glass) and the windows but I am not sure what would look nicer? The second photo is of the strange vestibule inside the hall, we love the yellow glass, shame its not on the exterior.

Also would like to paint over the horrible beige paint - or maybe re-render it?

Does anyone have any photos of this style of house done up or have any inspiration ? please let me know! I’d be grateful to hear your thoughts

Comments (28)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.