andrew_vanday

Hi everyone. I would love to hear you thoughts on my house plans...

Andrew Van Day
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My wife and I have lived in our bungalow for 15 years (in the Isle of Wight) and it works well enough, but I would like to maximise its potential before we sell up and move away in 5 years or so. I enlarged the garage years ago, but had it made to living standards with underfloor heating so that I could convert it later on.

There are two options. The first would be much cheaper as it keeps the kitchen where it is now so there would be very little in the way of moving plumbing and electrics. However there is a lot of wasted space around the dining room table and the dining room splits the kitchen and lounge.

The second option has the lounge and kitchen diner next to each other and has the benefit of adding a utility room and toilet, but would be more expensive. I know I would much prefer option 2 for myself, but this is not about me, this is about appealing to buyers and adding value.

I would love to hear your thoughts...

option 1:

Option 2:

I put a question mark by the door from the garage to the rear kitchen/lounge as I'm not sure it is really needed (or even allowed by regs). You get more kitchen units without it.

Thanks

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.