dattaric

Victorian terrace - Kitchen layout advice required!

dattaric
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all,

I really need your help to understand if my idea is seriously flawed or wonderful hence any advice or insights from you would be great.

My idea: To connect Living Room 2 (referred to as the cinema room) to the kitchen by a large 2.2m x 1.6m window (similar to below).

Reasons:

1) Allows us to keep an eye on the young kids from the kitchen.

2) Keeps the kitchen and Living room 2 divided but connected. You'll be able to see the garden from Living room 1.

3) Lots of light.

Some more detail:

Yellow highlighted area - we will block off the door and have a large window on the back wall of Living Room 2

Blue circle: Create an entrance to Living room 1

Red circle: Cut back the walls to connect both Living room 1 and 2 but then separate with glass folding doors.

The reason being that we can separate off as a snug room but easily open up when requires. Creating that whole divided but connected feel. Also, when that kids grow up then the function of Living Room 2 will change.

Hope the above makes sense and would love you views and insights.

Thanks again

Take care

RD

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.