rachael_gibson93

New house, new kitchen. Do we extend first??

Rachael Gibson

So after deciding not to go through with our plans to extend we’ve found a house which is pretty much perfect. However, we’d like to replace the kitchen because it’s old and there doesn’t seem to be as much storage.

My issues are:

• There is no fridge/freezer in the kitchen at the moment, it’s in the utility. It’s an American style one so takes up a lot of room which means only space for a washing machine and no tumbler dryer.
  • Hob is currently on the island. Not a big fan of this but not sure where else we’d put it.
  • Utility is small and the downstairs loo is off of it it so not much scope to make bigger.

Ultimately, I’m finding it tricky going from the luxury of starting from scratch (and we’d got very far into planning the extension) to working with something already there.

I’d be really grateful for any advice on how we could change the current design to get more storage (I’ve attached the floor plan and pics). We really want to avoid having to extend this time round! Many thanks in advance!