svanr007

Living with Concrete Screed

Grumpi Von Grump
3 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to live with screed for a couple of months? Due to complications with the build, we won’t be able to lay flooring until end of January when screed is dry enough (it has to have a low moisture content so the wooden flooring doesn’t warp).The extended area is now part of the main living area and we would like to be able to move a sofa and dining room table in there over Christmas. We also need to use the study. It will have been over a year that we have been living in a building site and on top of each other among boxes. However the main issue is the persistent dust that seems to be constantly expelled by screed. In order to get out to garden via either utility room door or back door, we have to walk across screed which tracks loads of very thick dust all over house. We thought of putting Lino down as temp measure but have been told it will stop drying. The best thing is to leave it uncovered and un lived in for next two months, which isn’t an option for us, or cover with something breathable. We have considered sisal matting and the builder suggested a breather membrane. Any other ideas or suggestions would be welcomed. I’ve included some photos. The boxes containing doors, and the cabinets will be hung and installed next week so the area will be clear.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.