webuser_900753380

Can anyone help me figure out this redesign?

Erin Coulter
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We have viewed a house which ticks so many boxes, the problem is the space is wasted and doesn't work for us. Upon entering there is a large porch, with archways allowing light into the dining room that houses the stairs. Ideally we would enter into the living room and have rid of the archway but I know that is a structural wall. With the stairs being where they are the house just doesn't flow. There is a wetroom at the back of the garage that we would not use. Perhaps that could be the dining room? Upstairs there is a separate bath and wc. But with the shape I can't see how we could make it work as one bathroom. The entire house needs replastering and new kitchen/bathroom and we would have a budget of 35k for everything. Am I being unrealistic, should I walk away from this house? Picture of floor plans in the comments.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.