pazzomed

Stabilising solutions driving me mad - help please

pazzomed
3 years ago

Hi, I need to repaint our pebble dash walls and have started by cleaning off the flaky bits using a wire brush. I already have some dulux weathershield paint to use up which says it is 'breathable'. Some articles i've read say i should use a stabiliser, whilst others say not to because they are not 'breathable' and would seal any existing moisture into the walls. Would i be better off just applying a slightly watered down first coat of paint instead of stabiliser (think the walls were last painted about 20 years ago but not in a bad condition)?

Also my wire brush has lost most of its bristles quite quickly and i still have a large area to clean. One article mentioned not to use a wire brush, but just a stiff one - is there any particular kind / brand of brush that's good for this job?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.