plusmarcus

Are New Build Properties Really That Bad?

Malcome A
3 years ago

I swore never to live in a new build property after hearing so many horror stories of poor build quality - “not been able to hang anything on the walls”, etc.... but it’s come to the stage and my wife is dragging me to see n new build property (built about three years ago). It’s not what either of us set out for but it’s seem to be the only thing that would suit our requirements for more space for our kids to scream/play around in whilst we can still hide in a different part of the house.

It’s a complete white canvas (as they all are), but does anyone have any ideas/ photos of how we could change it so that it doesn’t look like every other house on the street.

I know our upholstered headboard would look great in the bedroom but the current fitted mirror wardrobes aren’t to our taste. I think long term I would like to extend slightly the rear and change the kitchen. I would love to put a better porch on the front but I’m not sure if I would be allowed without seeking planning permission.

The question i guess is should we consider new build homes or stick it out for a home that we find more attractive...(but then have to spend more money to update the interior)

WAIT FOR TRADITIONAL HOME
NEW BUILD HOME

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.