ngwpj

Basement boiler room too BIG!?

Janet Lee
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have got a basement room which housed a boiler and water tank. As the room is quite big, I was thinking of moving the boiler and tank into one corner of the room (hidden inside a closet), with the rest of the space used as:

(1) a toilet + sink (so that we don't have to climb up the stairs every time to use the washroom),

(2) toilet + sink + shower room (is it ok to have shower and boiler/tank in the same room, or too dangerous due to condensation?),

(3) toilet + sink + washing/dryer machines, as the basement entrance door leads to the backyard which has an outdoor drying rack (but is it preferable to move the washing/dryer machines to the basement, so that the noise will be insulated; or to build a separate utility room just beside the kitchen on the ground-floor upstairs)?

Not sure if the above is feasible or which option is preferable; hence was hoping if anyone has any thoughts or advice on this? Really appreciated it.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.