webuser_961875554

Advice: Moving hot water cylinder & moving/replacing stairs

First Time Buyer
3 years ago

We're in the process of buying our first house (late 19th-century semi-detached). There a two major things we want to do:

1. Move the stairs to the attic - they come up into the middle of the room, meaning that we lose valuable space. Also, there are some slanting issues in the floor, which our surveyor says will be rectified if we put new stairs with the head at the highest level of the attic floor - the spiral staircase should help with this.

To do this, I think we should make the bathroom smaller - using the space where the shower currently is, to be where the new stairs would be.

2. Move the hot water cylinder - at the moment the cylinder takes up a lot of room in the bathroom. If we move the stairs, this will then leave some space in the hall which I think would make a good airing cupboard. The cylinder is relatively new with factory fitted insulation and in good condition, therefore it might be most cost-efficient to keep and just move.

Any advice would be most welcome!

Roisin

This is our current first and attic plan (the attic does have more windows, but for some reason, they're not included in this rendering!).

How we potentially envisage the new plan:

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.