dan_calvert82

Water from waste pipe roof vent damaging ceiling plasterboard

Dan Calvert
3 years ago

Hi. We have some damp/holes in plasterboard ceiling, caused I think by water getting in through the waste pipe roof vents. Having been into the loft, it would seem that the ductwork linking waste pipe to roof vent....is sketchy, and is permitting any water that gets in, to essentially soak right onto the loft insulation and then the ceiling boards.

I cant understand why there's this horizontal pipe in the pic. I presumably need something that runs straight from the vent and into the top of the waste pipe (and creates a bit of a seal to stop smells getting into the loft, I guess). It would need to be about 1 - 1.5m ish, depending on stretchiness.

I see products like in the second pic, which seems ideal, but nothing of the length I'd need.

Any advice?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.