fearn_sandison

Broken plan kitchen/diner and living room colour advice

Fearn Sandison
3 years ago

Hi there,

We are planning to knock through a couple of walls to make an open plan kitchen/diner which will have a large opening (4m) through the dining rom wall into the living room. This opening will have wooden bifold doors so that the living room and dining/kitchen areas can be closed off if we want.

The living room is North / East facing and dining room/kitchen south-west. This is why we're knocking through so both areas can receive light throughout the day rather than the living room being light in the morning and dark at night and the dining room/kitchen the opposite.

I know I want to paint the dining room and kitchen slipper satin by F&B because the cabinets will be in breakfast room green (or a colour match of it from DIY Kitchens, so is a bit brighter/lighter than actual F&B colour). The skirting will be a darker white.

Do you think I should use the same colour on the walls and trim in the living room or would it look OK to have the living room in a dark green, like Calke Green by F&B? You will be able to see into the living room from the kitchen and vice versa when the doors are open between the spaces so am struggling to imagine whether this will look well put together or just too stark a contrast.

Floor plan attached to help make sense of things :) sorry for the scribbles, this was the lighting plan!

Thanks for your advice!

Fearn

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.