jammy_salsa

Lockdown kitchen renovation for £225.

Jamie

In Octor 2019 we moved in to a victorian terraced house with great potential.
The previous owner had rented the house to students and the place is in need of some TLC in general.
With the last 9 months of lockdown and other varying restrictions, as well as some time off work, I decided to take on a project and spruce up the kitchen, so it was off to the local builder's yard.
We picked up, tile adhesive, tiles, a tile cutter, grout, trim, polyfill, paint primer, paint, iron shelf brackets, masonry screws and plugs, timber and Danish oil. The total cost came to just under £225.
We were lucky enough to have tools from previous work already and friends who could lend us what we lacked.
The project took a few weeks to allow us continued use of the kitchen, but also because I was new to some tasks. It could all be done in 5 days if you set your mind to it.
I've uploaded some before and after photos.
My next plan is to router some slots under the shelving to place in lighting for the counter.
Opinions, tips and further suggestions are encouraged.