webuser_512830061

What colour to paint for living room with duck egg curtains?

HU-512830061
3 years ago

I am getting a bit stuck in picking wall colour(s) for my living room. We have duck-egg colour curtains, white tv units and cabinets, a dark brown digital piano and stool, as well as two fabric sofas in dark grey colour which in fact look more like dark brown most of the time. Carpet is pale grey, almost silver. The room is south facing so we do get a good amount of sunlight. I think the mixture of white and dark furniture is making things difficult... maybe the easiest way to go is to paint all the four walls in light grey which is the main colour for the house, but maybe it will be too boring! I have had a look at wallpapers for the accent/feature wall but i seem to like those plain colour ones anyway - so may as well just paint it?!

Any suggestions as to what sorts of colour may look good? I have been thinking a mid tone blue (eg Nordic Sky from Dulux) as the feature wall colour and the rest in light grey. I have also considered a teal colour for the feature wall but I like blue more. I don‘t want the blue to go too dark or too light almost like pastel colour. I will order samples to test but just wondered if there might be other colours that I could think about.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.