Drayton Wiser Smart Thermostat installation to Combi Boiler.

Chandan Rai
last modified: 7 days ago

We have Valiant Ecotec Pro Combi Boiler. It has a controller on the Boiler itself and we haven't any controller to fix the Drayton Wiser hub connection. It has got 2 wire coming out in white colour. One of the white wire is to supply power and another is going to thermostat. I am looking for suggestion how to connect the wire coming from the Boiler to Drayton wiser hub. Also how to insulate the current thermostat. My understanding is 3 & 4 goes to the Thermostat.
My idea is to take an extra 3 wire connection(Live L, Neutral N & Earth E) from power socket to the Smart hub.

Also wires coming from 3 & 4 and going to thermostat take these to cables smart hub.

• Sarah L

Should probably be left to the professionals

• Sonia

Only Gas Safe engineers are legally allowed to work on boilers so, as Sarah says, get in a proper gas engineer.

• Daisy England

You shouldn’t meddle with that. You need a Gas Safe engineer. I’m horrified that you think you can do this yourself. Very worrying.