tracy_mccormackgibbs

Update my living Room. Any ideas??

Tracy Mccormack-gibbs
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Everyone my name is Tracy and I was last on here 4 years ago when I updated my living room and got some amazing ideas from you all- especially @Carolina, Thank you!

So 4 years on and having gone for some of your ideas I want to update again. sadly i cannot start from scratch and some things need to stay! If I started over it would all be neutral/ grey i think.

So what has to stay :-

1) Carpet- YES- sandy, gold, biscuit. beige colour

2) Curtains - YES. they are made from Villa Nova fabric, Hanna in Arcacia 04. Happy to change or paint curtain rails.

3) Sofas - YES , although i would consider recovering them if had to est.£4,300

4) Furniture- YES/ NO. I hate all the mahogany furniture now so could repaint/ upcycle it? if so what colour or buy new? or mix it with some new furniture? I love the Hanna Oyster sideboard, console table and TV table _ photo below- all available from from Dunelm Mill

5) Lighting- want to keep modern glass chrome lamps, ceiling and wall lights, but others could be painted or changed?

6) Pictures- some might stay but happy to buy new ones or paint frames of existing and change prints

7) Cushions- Okay to change these or swap some. I have 4 Floral cushions with plain cream backs and 5 Of the blue velvet cushions.

8) Walls- Would like to repaint with Farrow & Ball Dimity neutral colour as this is what I have elsewhere in the house. Not so keen on wallpaper as i have had this room covered in paper previously and it took a lot of work to remove.

9) TV Stand- Hate it. Would like a clear glass cantilever TV stand

Would really appreciate all your ideas about how to update / improve my lounge. i have attached several photos including a couple of the Dunelm Mill Hanna furniture. Many thanks Tracy

Comments (34)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.