tracy_mccormackgibbs

Update my living Room. Any ideas??

Tracy Mccormack-gibbs
last modified: 6 days ago

Hi Everyone my name is Tracy and I was last on here 4 years ago when I updated my living room and got some amazing ideas from you all- especially @Carolina, Thank you!

So 4 years on and having gone for some of your ideas I want to update again. sadly i cannot start from scratch and some things need to stay! If I started over it would all be neutral/ grey i think.

So what has to stay :-

1) Carpet- YES- sandy, gold, biscuit. beige colour

2) Curtains - YES. they are made from Villa Nova fabric, Hanna in Arcacia 04. Happy to change or paint curtain rails.

3) Sofas - YES , although i would consider recovering them if had to est.£4,300

4) Furniture- YES/ NO. I hate all the mahogany furniture now so could repaint/ upcycle it? if so what colour or buy new? or mix it with some new furniture? I love the Hanna Oyster sideboard, console table and TV table _ photo below- all available from from Dunelm Mill

5) Lighting- want to keep modern glass chrome lamps, ceiling and wall lights, but others could be painted or changed?

6) Pictures- some might stay but happy to buy new ones or paint frames of existing and change prints

7) Cushions- Okay to change these or swap some. I have 4 Floral cushions with plain cream backs and 5 Of the blue velvet cushions.

8) Walls- Would like to repaint with Farrow & Ball Dimity neutral colour as this is what I have elsewhere in the house. Not so keen on wallpaper as i have had this room covered in paper previously and it took a lot of work to remove.

9) TV Stand- Hate it. Would like a clear glass cantilever TV stand

Would really appreciate all your ideas about how to update / improve my lounge. i have attached several photos including a couple of the Dunelm Mill Hanna furniture. Many thanks Tracy