michael_black73

Dulux Grey Steel 4 or Dulux White Ash

Michael Black
3 years ago

I am having to make a decision between using Dulux Steel Grey 4 or Ashdown White in an East facing bedroom with a beige carpet (can't afford to change that at the moment as it came with the house and is good quality). Have contacted Dulux a number of times today as I wanted to find a light neutral (NN) grey that didn't look blue as so many greys can. I was toying between Steel Grey 4 or White Mist (which in fact does contain blue) and there is very little difference to see between them. I was going to opt for Steel Grey 4. Then this afternoon, I found out about Ash White. This contains yellow, black and red I believe. However, I used Egyptian Cotton in the West facing bedroom and I think it was a mistake because of the beige carpet which makes it look olive green in some light, which wasn't my intention. I'm concerned that the same could happen with Ash White as it did with Egyptian Cotton which contains the same colours, albeit in different proportions. I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice. As Steel Grey is an NN, it could be a safer bet but I am concerned that the bedroom could appear cold. Does anyone have any views? Unfortunately, at this stage, I can't look at other colours and I am limited to Dulux because of timescale and a desire to avoid DIY stores at the moment. Many thanks.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.