faz1701

New floor tiles in kitchen help in what would look best.

faz1701
3 years ago

Hi,
We've recently purchased our first property which had a nice new Wren kitchen fitted around 6 years ago. Unfortunately the floor tiles were not layed correctly and they are now moving under our feet, some are cracked and all the grout is crumbling away.
We've no choice but to redo the floor and we think we want to go with polished porcelain tiles again, this time with underfloor heating as the kitchen is extremely cold since it has so many windows and only a single paltry radiator. Me and my wife are debating what colour to go for.
I've seen these nice grey tiles from B&Q and have bought a pack and layed them on the floor to visualise it. She kind of likes them too but is worried they will make the kitchen appear smaller. She sort of prefers the existing tiles due to this.
What do you reckon? Would love some advice.
Pictures below show the tiles both in daylight and evening. Close up shots too. Its so hard, especially with all the shops closed. We are based in East London, UK.
Thanks

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.