dave_rkg

House with only bathroom connected to a bedroom.

dave_rkg
3 years ago

I bought a small two bedroom terraced house as an investment and it had been rented out to a long term tenant until they recently decided to move. I would like to renovate the house, however I want to try and sort a major issue with the house at the same time. The only bathroom is connected to one of the upstairs bedrooms. I would like to make it so people have access to the bathroom without going through a bedroom, otherwise I am restricted to renting it out to a couple or small family. I could build a bathroom in the larger bedroom, not as an en-suite, but like a shared bathroom so that if whoever rents the house never needs to walk through a bedroom to go to the bathroom. Has anyone ever tried to manage this issue in a small house? I have the layout of a same sized house on the same street, but they have added a bathroom, similar what I want to do. I do not have a third bedroom downstairs like in that layout and have left it as a living room plus diner. I am not sure if this new bathroom layout this makes the bedroom on the left too small. Anyone have any thoughts?

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.