jo_jones60

Stairs and landing carpet - colour ideas please

Jo Jones
last modified: last month

We’ve spent much of the recent lockdowns putting our own stamp on the house we moved into 18 months ago, and now having done the hall, stairs and landing ourselves, I‘m getting round to thinking about what to replace the carpet on the stairs and landing with (Which I should have done first maybe). And it’s difficult not being able to go into shops and look at samples at the moment too.

We’ve used Dulux Tuscan Glade 5 on the painted walls, and the “aqua” Sanderson Picture Gallery wallpaper with white woodwork. We have a dog so need something to cope with his hair and claws, so I’d be interested in any ideas about colour. I’m thinking about grey carpet but don’t want it to look to dark or cold. Despite the large window on the half-landing, the rest of the landing is really dark. Thanks!