webuser_320032895

Knock down wall or remodel

Lis Olavi
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We're in the process of buying a house with a bit of an odd layout. The house is built into a slope and so it's multi level (5 mezzanine levels) and with the only access to the garden via the sitting room on the 4th mezzanine level and steps that wrap around the house.

The kitchen needs a complete redo, but we are really struggling with wether to knock down the wall between kitchen/diner or to convert those two rooms to bedrooms and create a new kitchen diner on the top floor. The top floor master bedroom overlooks the garden (has a floor to ceiling window which could change to doors) and would need some steps leading down to the garden as it's half a level up from the sitting room.

The dining room has floor to ceiling windows too which could change to doors, but to access the garden we would need to build a deck to the side of the house with steps leading up into the garden.

Any suggestions? If I wanted someone to come have a look at it would it be an architect I'd need? Thanks a lot :)

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.