webuser_396222915

Help! How to modernise kitchen with baltic brown granite?

Mille TT
last month

We are buying a property with what I believe is baltic brown granite and I think it looks quite dated. We are first time buyers so trying to keep the costs down by modernising the kitchen with some DIY. I'm thinking painting the top and bottom cabinets and putting down some nice flooring (either dark wood or nicer tiles) but at a bit of a loss to the colour scheme we should go for.

My dream kitchen would be something similar to this:

But with a darker blue similar to this:

This is what the kitchen looks like today (the granite looks a bit darker in this photo than what it actually is):

So my question is, would painting the bottom cabinets dark blue, the top cabinets white and the floor either dark wood or tiles similar to the ones below be a good idea or do you think it would be a horrible colour clash?

Potential floor tiles:

Down the line I would also like to change all of the appliances to gold or white (extractor hood, sink, tap etc but we won't be able to do that straight away.

All and any advice would be appreciated! :)

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.