michelemalone

Broken Plan House -Tying it all together & Heating it.

Michele Malone
3 years ago

Hi, I have been deliberating for ages over whether to extend or refurbish and at last think refurbish is a better option as I have a North facing big room that rarely gets used. I have a few questions. Firstly, this cold winter and lockdown has really highlighted the fact that this room and its adjoining integrated garage pulls all the heat and causes draughts so how do I insulate?

Secondly, I have my heart set on an inline shaker style painted wood kitchen with traditional cup handles but my house is a mid century house with 90's extension and is quite broken plan. I would like help to know what other styles would go with this kitchen in terms of fireplace and decor. I'd love a modern stove and have some nice ercol sofas and chairs and I like a 'light' look, kind of scandi coastal but I'm worried my dream kitchen won't fit and look out of character and heavy. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.