helen_m16

latout dilemma

Helen C
3 years ago

Refurbishing my bathroom. I’d like a separate shower, bath, double sink with storage underneath and loo. I can move the door (red arrow potential new entrance) Stuck really, any ideas would be most helpful.

Comments (3)

• LTS
    3 years ago

We are converting our spare room into an ensuite so are using the old walkway in to create a much needed storage cupboard with door opening onto landing. We are left with a square room of approx 2.6x2.5m. This is our layout which may give you some inspiration. The soil pipe has to go on our external wall so the toilet has to go where it is. I’m struggling to see how you could fit in a bath a& separate shower on your plan with the toilet having to be on that wall. Hoping others can help you. Good luck!

• PRO
    Kenie Patel
    3 years ago

As per ur requirement i shifted door on the wall as per ur drawing if incase u r changin floor than this is a good idea with storage and full wall mirror on the wall bathtube on the same wall according to ur choice also window wall u can decorate ledge and also two sinks ll look perfect with wc adjust dimentions accordingly and last shower tray on opposite of it ll go if u want dimentional drawing i can give u.good luck

• PRO
    Cotterpine
    3 years ago

Hi Helen, this is my suggestion:

• I kept the door where it is, but changed the swing direction and size (80cm). The other option gives you a very small door option to open it widely (75cm?)
    • I put the WC in the corner, with an enclosed cabinet that gives you some option for storage above (Wall cabinet, shelves) while keeps it private but with enough space
    • I put the bathtub and shower together at the end of the room in a slightly elevated platform to separate them from the rest of the room. This is a walk-in shower, so it is open, but with a screen to separate from the basin while letting light go through. I added a towel dryer/radiator on the wall right outside the sower/bathroom area
    • I couldn't put a double basin, so I put a 1m single basin with 2 taps. Is wall hanged, so it has storage space but gives some clear floor that you can fill with some nice baskets, rugs, etc

Is just an idea, but I hope it helps

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.