tracy_nugent

Help finding right breakfast bar shade

Tracy
3 years ago

Our new kitchen design incorporates a breakfast bar and I’m struggling to find an economical solution. The kitchen supplier has quoted us £1900 plus VAT for a white oiled prime wide stave worktop. I can see there‘s a number of companies online who sell oak breakfast bars of a similar size (we need 2m x .9m) for around £500 ish but none who seem to sell white oiled pieces. Regular oak is too yellow and I like the whitish grey shade which blends nicely with the decor

I don’t have much experience with this so I’m wondering if people would normally just apply a white oil themselves? Or is this why the finish I want is so expensive? Or am I looking in the wrong places?

I’m not at all handy so whatever the solution it has to be made by someone else I.e tradesperson.

Advice appreciated.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.