mike_howarth83

Kitchen Bi-Folds - Click Fit, Roman or Curtains

Mike H
3 years ago

Hi all

Hoping for a bit of advice and inspiration.

We moved into a new house last year, the kitchen is open plan (5m x 4m), and we have two sets of external bi fold doors.

In total we have 10 doors, plus three velux windows plus a side window.

We only moved in at the end of last spring benefitting from the great weather during the first lock down, the room was nice and toasty, however by contrast this winter has been absolutely frigid.

Morning's are cold, and when we have the heating on in the evening the room struggles to get to temperature even by the end of the evening.

Whilst we would benefit from a slightly more powerful set of radiators, ultimately we've got a lot of exposed glass where we are losing heat from.

Discussing things this morning, we started to play around with different ideas for window coverings.

Our initial idea was to go for click fit blinds thinking they would be a relatively inexpensive option, I've got to admit I nearly fell off my chair when we priced them up and they came in at the best of £800.

Anybody else suffered with a cold room with bi-folds and installed roman blinds or curtains?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.