nayana_cintra

Slide and stack/pivot doors? Yes or no?

N C
3 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I need some advice on slide and stack doors (or slide and pivot as I think they're the same thing). We have finished the plans for our rear and side extension but can't agree on what does to have in the glass ended gable extension (6m wide and 3.7m at highest point). My partner wants bifolds but I know quite a lot of friends who have bifolds but never use them as they're cumbersome etc. Also most complain they're draughty in winter. Partner has already ruled out sliding doors as he wants the option of opening it fully so we're now considering slide and pivot doors. There doesn't seem very much genuine information/reviews about them online though (lots of companies selling them saying they're great!). We'd really love to know if anyone has got them? Do they work well? Do they stand the test of time? (My brothers bifold were brilliant for a year and then 👎). What about cost? ('ve emailed a few companies for quotes but haven't heard back yet). Basically anything you know about this type of doors and supplier recommendations would be great!
Thank you so much in advance for any help :)

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.