webuser_886618993

Advice on how to extend this small narrow house

HU-886618993
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi All,

I am in the process of buying this house (Yay!) and hope to complete before the end of March.

The house is small, particularly the kitchen and the dining room is narrow. I cannot extend any further back as the patio garden is tiny and I want to keep some outside space .... but I can extend (2.69m L by 2m W) to the side of the kitchen - see floor plans below - and knock this through to the dining room.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this to maximise the light into the house as it is northern facing at the back? Get some sky lights put in?

Any ideas on how much such a small extension and knock through plus kitchen would cost? I can see lots of drain pipes also along the back of the kitchen - are these fairly easy for a builder to move?

New kitchen size will be c. 4.7m x 4.4m - I have included a proposed new floorplan I drew myself..

Any ideas and tips welcome!

Have no idea what I am doing regarding building works but want to plan and budget

Back of house

small kitchen

back of house with narrow french doors and not much light

current floor plan

New proposed floorplan

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.