webuser_71660

garage paint or disguise

Tani H-S
3 years ago

I painted my garage last year during lockdown with a supposedly 'trade' white paint but it's flaked off the bottom in some places where its gone green.
I treated the algae etc and repaired a leaking gutter but it's removed a load of the paint now and some of the walls are even going yellow 😱😩
Before painting it it was a mucky render which I jet washed, sprayed down with an algae killer and left to dry for a week or two.
I then gave it 3 coats of the paint.
I probably should have used a primer but didn't think about it at the time.
So now I'm left with a stained patchy garage and it's going on the market in 5 weeks so need to sort it. I can see it from our doors.
All the gutters and two windows are white upvc so don't have time to paint all these.
Options are
1) scrub off any flaking paint and redo in a dark grey one so any future stains won't be as noticeable (also decent brand!)
- issues being time to dry it out before painting /what grey colour is nice/
2) use some cheap screening to hide it
Issues- can't screen over all of it which would look best as windows there so won't that look stupid cutting around it?
Would have to use say a reed or bamboo for cost.
Any fencing/trellis would still need painting so can't do that.
😕
Garage wall is far left of the picture where the yellow bucket is. There is a narrow passage down there which doesn't get much light - hence why it grows algae on)

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.